This is one of those posts that I have had in draft for too long. I started this post months ago when we started noticing that we might be doing certain things for the last time. This weekend we did one of the things on this list, so I thought I should get the post up.
Stuff to do before we leave Boston:
- Duck Boat Tour – Yup, never did this. Always seemed too touristy. But something we should do before leaving the area.
- Red Sox Day Game & Cigar Bar Trip with Frank
- Museum of Fine Arts – My Bride has been asking to go here for years. Yet we never seem to make it.
- Harvard Library – Peruse the stacks and take in the air where some of the greatest minds have sat. The oldest library in the US and the largest private library in the world.
- Head of the Charles Regatta – This might be the hardest one on this list since we missed this years and might be gone before next years.
- A drink at my favorite pubs: Black Rose, Top of the Hub, Omni Parker, Green Dragon, Doyles, Union Bar (some of my very favorite places, like the Littlest Pub, have closed)
- Harvard vs. Yale Football Game: The Game – One of the oldest sports rivalries in the US at 139 years. We went to the game this weekend. It was great (except for the bands, big disappointment there). College Game Day broadcast was from the Harvard Stadium. The winner of this game would be the Ivy League Champions. The game lived up to all the hype. We were lucky in that almost all of the good action was right in front of us. Harvard took the lead 31-24 with 55 seconds to go but Yale was marching towards a score when Harvard intercepted the ball to secure the win with 10 seconds left in the game. It was great.
- New England Aquarium – We have gone here many times, two of our friends even got married at the aquarium and we went to a fundraiser where we got our picture taken with the 2004 and 2007 Commissioner’s Trophy. We definitely need to go here one more time before we sail south.
- Boston Public Garden
- Bunker Hill Monument