The last couple of weeks have been a flurry of activity. We have been working on the boat, getting Summer’s vet paperwork in order, getting our final vaccinations scheduled, getting our captain’s licenses all set, dealing with work and trying not to get overwhelmed by everything we still need to do. I have lots of photos and lots of upgrades to post about. Hopefully I will be able to throw up some of those really soon. But man does this final push really feel stressful. Here are some of the things we have done in just the last two weeks:
- Took Summer to the vet to get an international micro chip installed, an expensive blood test for rabies, and start the paperwork for her health certificates;
- Installed a tank monitoring system on the freshwater tank and holding tank;
- Tuned the rigging;
- Cleaned the bottom on Smitty;
- Installed a 2,000 watt inverter;
- Installed a chart book holder;
- Tuned the outboard for the inflatable;
- Cleaned the bottom on the inflatable;
- Upgraded the battery switch.
More posts will be coming soon on these items. As I write this we have only 33 more days of work left (48 days total). It’s hard to believe that our cut the lines date will be here that soon.